Dear Harmony Team Members,
Today, we are sharing with our Harmony families a partial campus reopening plan for our schools across the state.
Campuses in Bryan and Lubbock will open for optional in-person learning on Tuesday, September 8.
Campuses in all other locations will continue learning remotely only through at least Monday, September 14, but perhaps longer as Harmony continues to weigh guidelines from the Texas Education Agency and guidance from local and state health officials.
This phased approach will allow Harmony additional time for further evaluation and preparation in communities with the most severe impact from COVID-19.
Regardless of location or return date, students and staff who return to campus will find a safe and organized learning environment with a number of improvements and new wellness protocols designed to increase safety while retaining a fun, collaborative, and academically-focused campus culture.
Among these safety enhancements are:
• Temperature screenings for students and staff.
• Requiring all students and employees to wear a mask when on campus or in other group settings. (Students may bring their own mask, or the school will provide them.)
• Limiting average class sizes to allow for social distancing. (Exact class size will be dependent on number of students attending in-person versus online-only.)
• Spacing desks at least six feet apart to maintain proper social distancing and/or installing partitions where students cannot be kept six feet apart.
• Severely limiting classroom rotations/switches to prevent the spread of germs across campus and to limit person-to-person exchanges.
• Staggered drop off and pickup times to limit person-to-person exchanges.
• Modified drop off and pickup procedures (ex. Students going directly to class after drop off and/or waiting in classroom at the end of the day until parent arrives for pickup).
• Requesting all students wash hands frequently.
• Detailed nightly cleaning by contracted company.
• Required Coronavirus Awareness & Prevention trainings for all employees.
Additional details on these and other safety protocols can be found in Harmony Public Schools Back to School Playbook.
We are excited to open our doors to all of our students and staff hopefully very soon. Thank you for all of your efforts and feedback in helping our school return to on-campus operation, and for your ongoing support in making this another great school year for our students.